Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Lost Profits- Audio

By Jay Stringer


Light one this week. At the weekend I put up audio on my own website of me reading a short story, and I wanted to give it more coverage this week.

The story is The Lost Profits which I published on this here shiny site a couple of weeks ago. Click the link and you'll hear me reading it, including a failed attempt to do my original accent about halfway through.

The reason I'm pimping this story is...well...because I like it. But also because it ties in to OLD GOLD. It's not crucial to the book; this isn't the bit where a stupid kid with things in his blood grows up to become a cyborg, or some shite like that. But the events of this story tie into the first chapter of the novel in a bit of a fun way.

As an Easter egg once you've read OLD GOLD, there is another connection that I'm leaving out there for people to try and work out.

The Lost Profits is also part of a free collection of prequel stories that will be going out first to people on my mailing list by the end of the month. If you want to be one of the first to read the collection, sign up



1 comment:

Tina Hanson said...

That was cool.